Division Property Representatives & Coordinators Meetings
Visit our Property Management Meetings Archive for access to Agendas, Presentation Slides, Handouts and ReadyTalk Recordings.
Each major organizational department identifies a Property Representative, and in some cases a Property Coordinator. For a list of these contacts, click here. For more information about Representatives and Coordinators, read on.
The Property Representative usually has collateral responsibilities—in other words, Property Representatives wear more than one hat. For the most part, they report to the Division Business Manager; they do not report to the Laboratory Property Manager, nor is there any line-management responsibility or accountability that flows from the Property Manager to a department. Each department is autonomous when it comes to directing the day-to-day work of its Property Representative. However, each Property Representative should have, within reason, the same base level of knowledge and skill to successfully execute assigned responsibilities.
In general, Property Representatives are responsible for executing and coordinating several specifically defined decentralized Property Management activities and act to promote department compliance with property procedures. Property Representatives are responsible for ensuring that division property records are accurate and current as reflected in the Asset Management System (Sunflower).
Property Coordinators may be appointed by departments to assist their Property Representatives in the administrative details of property management. Property Representatives and Coordinators work together to execute department Property Management responsibilities.
Property Representative Responsibilities
Division Property Representatives are responsible for executing key Property Management functions in accordance with Berkeley Lab property policies, processes and procedures.
- Coordinates and manages asset oversight and controls activities under the purview of the department
- Primary point of contact for all property matters pertaining to their department
- Assigns/ verifies initial custodian
- Verifies and updates Sunflower data for department assets with changes to:
- Facilitates domestic loan of department assets in coordination with custodian and Property Management Core Team Property Liaison
- Facilitates borrow of department assets in coordination with custodian and Property Management Core Team Property Liaison
- Works with Property Management Core Team and custodian to execute and initiate transfers of department assets
- Participates in property audits and walk-throughs
- Executes inventories
- Reports property management issues to Business Manager and Property Management Core Team as needed
- Participates in Property Management training
- Provides continuous feedback to Property Management Core Team on continuous improvement issues
- Informs Receiving that asset has been sent to supplier
- Informs Receiving that asset to be received is part of fabrication