Purchase requisitions must be approved in FMS by the following key dates in order to be dispatched by fiscal year-end.
- Tuesday, September 3 for requisitions with a total purchase order (PO)/procurement value of >$25K to <$150K
- Tuesday, September 10 for requisitions with a total PO/procurement value of <$25K
- Tuesday, September 17 for eBuy requisitions
We will do all that we can to process your requisitions as quickly as possible. Please note the following:
- Requisitions approved after the key dates listed above will be processed by Procurement only after all requisitions that were approved by the cut-off dates have been processed.
- Approved requisitions must be accompanied by all pertinent information/documentation before they will be processed by Procurement. Make sure a point of contact is identified who will be available to provide any missing documentation and, if needed, clarify requirements with the buyer.
- Take into consideration:
- Total PO value. The total PO value is not just the requisition total, but the full value of the PO, including optional extensions.
- Supplier lead-time. Include ample lead-time to allow the supplier to:
- Onboard prior to starting work (supplier setup; complete safety, insurance, and/or other Lab requirements related to the work)
- Deliver the goods/provide the services
Procurement complexity/total PO value drives cycle times. Please note the following estimated cycle times based on the total PO value:
- Purchases >$150K in total PO value may take 3 to 6 months or more to process depending on complexity.
- Purchases >$500K in total PO value may take 6 months or more to process depending on complexity.
For information and key dates related to FY19 receiving and service accruals, contact your division resource analyst and/or the Fiscal Year-End Close Wiki (click here to access).
Should you have a critical need or an emergency situation after the key procurement dates, please contact one of the individuals listed below.
- Construction – Laura Crosby, [email protected]
- Research and Development – Michelle Garcia, [email protected]
- Services – Laura Sanders, [email protected]
- Goods (>$25K) and Technology – Kathee Roque, [email protected]
- Goods (<$25K) – Vincent Cheung, [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact the Procurement Help Desk at [email protected]