Purchase requisitions must be approved in FMS and be accompanied by all pertinent information/documentation by the following key procurement dates in order to be dispatched by fiscal year-end.
- Tuesday, September 1 for requisitions with a total purchase order (PO)/acquisition value of >$25K to <$150K
- Friday, September 11 for requisitions with a total PO/acquisition value of <$25K
- Tuesday, September 22 for eBuy requisitions
We will do all that we can to process your requisitions as quickly as possible. Please note the following:
- Approved requisitions must be accompanied by all pertinent information/documentation before they will be processed by Procurement. Ensure a point of contact is identified who will be available to provide any missing documentation and, if needed, clarify requirements with the buyer.
- Requisitions approved after the key dates listed above will be processed by Procurement only after all requisitions that were approved by the cutoff dates and were accompanied by all pertinent information/documentation have been processed.
- Take into consideration:
- Total PO value. The total PO value is not just the requisition total, but the full value of the PO, including optional extensions.
- Supplier lead-time. Include ample lead-time to allow the supplier to:
- Onboard prior to starting work (supplier setup; complete safety, insurance, and/or other Lab requirements related to the work)
- Deliver the goods/provide the services
- Terms and Conditions. If the supplier does not accept the Lab’s PO terms and conditions, Procurement will need to negotiate further with the supplier and obtain appropriate approvals for any changes prior to awarding the PO.
Acquisition complexity and total PO value drives cycle times. Please note the following estimated cycle times based on the total PO value:
- Acquisitions >$150K in total PO value may take 3 to 6 months or more to process depending on the complexity.
For information and key dates related to FY20 receiving and service accruals, contact your division resource analyst or view the information that will be posted on the Fiscal Year-End Close Wiki in late July (click here to access).
Should you have a critical need or an emergency situation after the key procurement dates listed above, please contact one of the individuals listed below.
- Construction – Laura Crosby, [email protected]
- Research and Development – Michelle Garcia, [email protected]
- Services – Laura Sanders, [email protected]
- Goods (>$25K) and Technology – Diane Hutchinson, [email protected]
- Goods (<$25K) – Vincent Cheung, [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact the Procurement Help Desk at [email protected] or 510.486.6400.