Physical Inventories – Annual
Berkeley Lab is committed to maintaining a property management system that results in the efficient management of property entrusted to its care.
The general concept of property management at Berkeley Lab is to assign accountability for property to the divisions, the line management, and the custodian using it.
Personal property accountability includes responsibilities for such tasks as presenting personal property for identification and tagging, ensuring the assets are on the property record and properly assigned, securing and maintaining records relating to the assets, tracking the movement of assets, recording changes in physical condition, and conducting physical inventories.
- 2016 Annual Inventory Plan (1 year)
- 5 Year Inventory Plan (2015-2019)
- Inventory Affidavit Form (11-10-14)
Inventory Reports – Sunflower AMS
- How to Generate Reports (12-11-15)
- Executive Review Resolution Summary
- Review Campaign Base Assets
- 2016 Inventory Resolution Status Spreadsheet as of COB 4-22-16
Barcode Scanner Information & Instructions
- How To Instructions – Berkeley Lab MobileTrack 4.6 Users Manual (rev.3)
- How To Instructions – Sunflower MobileTrack 4.6 User Guide
- How To Instructions – Upload Sunflower Database to Scanner
Precious Metals Inventory – Annual
The Precious Metals inventory is conducted annually from October 1st through April 30th in accordance with Berkeley Lab Annual Inventory Plan. Any custodian* who holds precious metals and uses them for research is subject to inventory. The Precious Metals Control Officer (PMCO) will set up individual meetings with researcher’s to weigh each accessible metal, reconcile activity logs and verify the holdings are secured in a locked location. Upon completion of the inventory, each researcher will receive an annual statement of their current results. These results are subject to post inventory validation.
Precious metal custodians must be employees of Lawrence Berkeley Lab, although guests, post-docs and graduate assistants may use the metals to carry out research.
For any activity regarding precious metals, whether acquisition, transfer or disposal, please contact Property Management. All new custodians must notify Property Management to ensure accurate records are being maintained.
* Custodians of Precious Metals must be employees of Berkeley Lab, although guests, post-docs and graduate assistants may use the metals to carry out research.
Controlled Substance Inventories – Annual
Controlled Substances are acquired, managed and disposed of in accordance with Berkeley Lab’s Environment, Health & Safety Manual – Controlled Substances and are considered Sensitive Property by definition. In general, the Environment / Health / Safety Division has overall responsibility for Controlled Substances. Property Management is responsible for conducting and reporting the outcome of the required annual inventory.
For more information, please visit the LBNL Controlled Substance Program page on the Environment / Health / Safety Division website.