Property Training Resources
Sunflower & Barcode Scanner Training Guides
These training guides have been created for Property Representatives to provide step by step instructions on how to access the Sunflower Asset Management System (AMS) database, as well as how to run reports, change custodians, locations and divisions in Sunflower; and how to use the barcode scanner.
- Training Guide – How to Access Sunflower AMS
- Training Guide – How to Download the Asset Database to Your Scanner (Send to Scanner)
- Training Guide – How to Assign an RFID Tag to an Existing DOE Tagged Asset
- Training Guide – How to Change Custodians, Locations and Divisions
- Training Guide – How to Convert .CSV Format to Excel
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report of All Assets Left to Find in Your Inventory
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report of All Assets in a Custodian’s Name
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report of All Assets in Your Division
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report to Find Assets with Invalid Custodians
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report to Find Assets with Missing Custodians
- Training Guide – How to Run a Report to See Your Overall Completion Percentage
- Training Guide – How to Send a Barcode Tagged Asset to Excess
- Training Guide – How to Setup Your Barcode Scanner
- Training Guide – How to Update Synclink Settings
- Training Guide – How to Upload Asset Scans to the Database (Get from Scanner)
High Risk Personal Property (HRPP)
It is the policy of Berkeley Lab to identify HRPP as early as possible in its life cycle, and control it through disposition. High Risk property shall be identified in the personal property database, and is defined as property used in the nuclear fuel cycle, firearms, ammunition and explosives, nuclear weapon components or nuclear weapon-like components that do not contain nuclear material as listed in DOE O 474.2, items on the Department of Commerce Control List, and items on the Department of State U.S. Munitions List.
Additional Property Training Resources
LinkedIn Learning (LBNL)
Free training available to employees in a variety of topics, including business, technology, and creative skills. The courses are viewable on-demand via three-to-five minute videos, and can be accessed via computer or mobile device. While a LinkedIn account is not required, connecting through your own account enables users to receive customized recommendations.
Online video tutorials to help you learn software, creative, and business skills.
- Calendar of Events
- 2018 National Education Seminar (NES) (August 6 – 9 in Chicago, IL)
- Bay Area Chapter
Sunflower Systems Training Services
Sunflower Systems provides a variety of training options to help you build the knowledge and skills your organization needs to successfully implement and work with Sunflower’s enterprise asset management solutions.
FedEducation (formerly KNOW NET 2 Federal Edition)
FedEducation offers on-demand online learning, pre-training performance support, training, assessment, post training performance support and certificate programs for Federal employees, contractors and grantees. All FedEducation™ (FedEd™) curricula consist of foundation and advanced level courses and micro-lessons for easy access. They also include pre-test, knowledge checks, final tests and certificates.
- Federal Logistics / Asset Management Program