For our Sunflower and Barcode Scanner Training Guides, please visit our Training page
FY 2019 Statistical Sample Inventory
Berkeley Lab’s 2019 Inventory Campaign will begin January 7, 2019. This year’s campaign will consist of approximately 13,654 assets.
Assets will be counted for the inventory using the following methods:
The following inventory schedule highlights key starting dates and important deadlines for Berkeley Lab:
- 2019 Campaign Base Assets Report – All Divisions (12/17/18)
- 2019 Statistical Sample Overall Inventory Resolution as of 06/21/19
Please contact your Division Property Representative for any questions regarding your division’s inventory, to obtain a list of the property assigned to you, or any other property related matters.
Completion Timeline and Targets
- To establish periodic completion goals throughout the divisional inventory period
- The FY19 inventory will be broken up into intermittent periods where divisions will focus on attaining specific completion percentages throughout the entire campaign
- This approach gives both the divisions and Property Management key indicator’s to whether or not a division is performing above or below the set targets
- FY19 Statistical Sample Inventory – Escalation Protocol
FY 2019 Wall-to-Wall Inventory Kickoff Meeting
Physical Inventories – Annual
Berkeley Lab is committed to maintaining a property management system that results in the efficient management of property entrusted to its care.
The general concept of property management at Berkeley Lab is to assign accountability for property to the divisions, the line management, and the custodian using it.
Personal property accountability includes responsibilities for such tasks as presenting personal property for identification and tagging, ensuring the assets are on the property record and properly assigned, securing and maintaining records relating to the assets, tracking the movement of assets, recording changes in physical condition, and conducting physical inventories.
- FY2019 Annual Inventory Plan (1 year)
- 5 Year Inventory Plan (FY2019-FY2023)
- Inventory Affidavit Form (2-28-18)
Precious Metals Inventories – Annual
The Precious Metals inventory is conducted annually from October 1st through April 30th in accordance with Berkeley Lab Annual Inventory Plan. Any custodian* who holds precious metals and uses them for research is subject to inventory. The Precious Metals Control Officer (PMCO) will set up individual meetings with researcher’s to weigh each accessible metal, reconcile activity logs and verify the holdings are secured in a locked location. Upon completion of the inventory, each researcher will receive an annual statement of their current results. These results are subject to post inventory validation.
Precious metal custodians must be employees of Lawrence Berkeley Lab, although guests, post-docs and graduate assistants may use the metals to carry out research.
For any activity regarding precious metals, whether acquisition, transfer or disposal, please contact Property Management. All new custodians must notify Property Management to ensure accurate records are being maintained.
To acquire precious metals, please complete the Request for Precious Metals form.
* Custodians of Precious Metals must be employees of Berkeley Lab, although guests, post-docs and graduate assistants may use the metals to carry out research.
Controlled Substance Inventories – Annual
Controlled Substances are acquired, managed and disposed of in accordance with Berkeley Lab’s Environment, Health & Safety Manual – Controlled Substances and are considered Sensitive Property by definition. In general, the Environment / Health / Safety Division has overall responsibility for Controlled Substances. Property Management is responsible for conducting and reporting the outcome of the required annual inventory.
For more information, please visit the LBNL Controlled Substance Program page on the Environment / Health / Safety Division website.