Technical representatives are a key partner in the oversight and monitoring of contract performance. A technical representative must be assigned by the division and designated in the contract prior to award for the following types of contracts and agreements:
- Design and Construction
- Research and Development
- Any Other Contracts and Agreements
- With quality assurance requirements (e.g., inspection, acceptance testing, acceptance, and/or training)
- For complex equipment configuration (e.g. telecommunications, scientific equipment with multiple parts, IT data or storage systems)
- With project milestones
- That require technical direction and/or performance monitoring related to the scope of work stated in the contract/agreement
Technical representatives named in a new or modified contract or agreement are required to have completed Technical Representative e-learning course CFO0330, if not already taken within the last two years. If the employee does not complete the training, the procurement specialist will ask the division to provide the name of a trained individual who can assume this responsibility.
The training provides an overview of the specific tasks and responsibilities associated with the technical representative’s role and responsibilities and takes 30 – 45 minutes to complete.
- Take the technical representative training (Course CFO0330)
- View the list of employees who have completed technical representative training
- Refer to the technical representative resources web page
For questions, email [email protected] or contact the procurement specialist assigned to your contract.